Sunday, December 28, 2014

Elizabeth Eddins, born 1777, Part 2

Remember that Christmas present I wanted to help me with Elizabeth's genealogy? My generous husband got it for me, and now I can report on the tidbit it provided about Elizabeth.

To understand this, though, you have to read my first blog post about Elizabeth. It's here:

http://alroots2.blogspot.com/2014/12/who-was-elizabeth-eddins-born-ca-1777.html

The Christmas present in question was the book Memorialized Records of Lexington District, S.C., 1814 - 1825 by Brent H. Holcomb, G.R.S., Southern Historical Press, 1978. In it on Page 126, I found the following:

" {To} Mary Wingard and Sarah Wingard from Elizabeth Brown, {Deed of} Gift, {no consideration listed}, 30 acres, on the Broad River, (When Executed) 20th March 1822, (Proved) 20th March 1822; (Recorded) 3rd April 1822."

This legal document establishes a connection between Elizabeth Brown, Mary Wingard, and Sarah Wingard.

That's the most I can prove: that Elizabeth Brown was connected both to the Wingards and to John and Zilpha Edins.

But it's still pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment